Tribune Review Article "Delmont sewage problem drags on" - April 16, 2017
There are two areas noted with regard to the above exposé that require further clarification:
- Quoting the article: “...[Engineer Kevin] Brett [of Lennon Smith Souleret] said in an email. 'The [Delmont Borough] sewer committee's long-term plan — 20 to 30 years — is to replace the force main and relocate the main line to the pump station to a location which is not impacted by stream erosion.'"
- The Borough’s sewage system has been an issue since at least the early 2000s. It is inconceivable that the DEP would allow the Borough’s habitual illegal raw sewage discharges into the Beaver Run to continue for another 20 to 30 years.
- Quoting the article: “Councilman David Piper, who said public works crews needed only about one extra foot of room outside the right-of-way to build the retaining wall…”
- Please refer to the linked document below with regard to the facts of this illegal taking of property by the Borough MANY feet outside of the legal right-of-way:
Tribune Review Article "Entities wade through sewage dispute mire"
We invite you to read the article below and to decide for yourselves whether the Borough’s position with regard to this matter has changed over the years.
- Archived Tribune Review article: “Entities wade through sewage dispute mire” May 25, 2002
- Here is the same article as presently available on the Triblive website; note that it is now dated May 13, 2012. http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_73221.html